Our mother’s old recipe for gingerbread is the highly appraised and long lasting recipe that we have shared with hundreds of those who tried our gingerbread. Brightly coloured, light and crumbly with acacia honey, it is always a fantastic cake that is irresistible.
- 150g pork fat
- 150g sugar
- 150g acacia honey
- 360g all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- two pinches of baking powder
- little bit of cinnamon or gingerbread spices
- add a couple of spoons of ground walnut or sprinkle walnut as decoration
- Place the grill in the top third bracket of the oven
- Leave the oven at 200 °C to heat up
- Place baking paper over the pan
- Make dough out of all the ingredients
- Shape into balls with your hands, and leave on the pan, flatten each ball. Leave a couple of centimetres between each ball, and place a walnut atop each one if you wish.
- If you are making larger pieces, bake them for 10 minutes, otherwise a couple of minutes less
- They are done as soon as their bottom starts to gain a darker colour so be free to check them out around the 7th
- Do not overbake them, they dry up on their own outside the oven so be free to take them out as soon as you spot a darker bottom.
You should be able to create 40 larger gingerbread pieces out of these ingredients.